Learn To Scuba
Learn to SCUBA is a life changing experience and allows you to see places that few people have had the opportunity to explore. Over seventy percent of the world is underwater and becoming a qualified diver is your license to jump in and enjoy! Your first step in becoming a certified diver is the RAID Open Water 20 course.
This is our most popular course and the one we recommend. This course gives us more time to ensure you learn at a more relaxed pace. It includes :-
- Academics online and Instructor review.
- Full day in the pool.
- 3 Open Water Shore Dives.
- 2 Boat Dives.
- All scuba equipment and exposure suit provided.
- RAID International Open Water 20 Certification.
- Online Logbook for life.
- Online up-to-date manuals for life.
Requirements to take this course
- Be 10 years or older to receive Junior Certification with parental/guardian consent.
- Be able to swim 200 metres any style or 300m snorkel, no time limit.
- Pass a medical test (note: you will be asked to complete a simple questionnaire).
- You will be asked to complete a medical with a doctor if any concerns are raised on the questionnaire.
What Equipment will you need?
You will need use of your own mask, snorkel and fins. These are personal items and while you can hire them we recommend you purchase them after the equipment session in the shop. Please talk to our friendly team to ensure you get the right equipment. Neptune Scuba and SECA SUB are 2 of the major brands that Snorkel Safari recommends.
What can I do when I become a certified diver?
After successful completion of your Open Water Diver 20, you will become an internationally recognised certified diver. You will be able to hire scuba equipment, obtain air fills, and participate in organised dives including boat dives, shore dives, local Dive Travel or International Dive Travel.
We suggest you join our Dive Club where you will receive great benefits from Swansea Dive, be introduced to other divers and can participate in our regular club and dive activities.
Our Open Water Diver 20 course will make you a good diver. Our continuing education programs will teach you to dive to deeper depths, at night, and to hone your buoyancy and navigation skills to a higher level.
Snorkel Safari Swansea & RAID courses have a higher degree of Instructor to Student interaction than any other training agency.
Swansea Dive Safari has three (3) great options for you to choose from. Click on the Certification card below to view the 3 great options you have.